for a 6-year term
- Elected 25th Ward Committeeman
- Active Realtor in Chicago since 2007
- Active in community development and equal housing rights
- Son of a retired CPS teacher and retired postal employee
- Elected vice chair – Cook County Green Party
Christopher Anthony, a community activist and affordable housing professional who lives in the 25th Ward (Pilsen), is running for a two-year term on the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District’s Board of Commissioners.
As a Commissioner, Christopher would press for creation of an independent inspector general’s office, with power to subpoena and investigate any contracts, purchases, and leases made by the MWRD.
Among issues that Anthony believes demand investigation are the MWRD’s practice of holding onto a great many properties for which they have no use, and leasing them for extended periods at rates far below market value; its reliance on high-priced outside consultants instead of internal staff; and allegations that the MWRD’s Stickney plant sometimes fails to disinfect all water before discharge.