for a 6-year term (ballot #55)
- Retired Chicago Public Schools teacher
- Endorsed by the Caucus of Rank and File Educators (CORE) of Chicago Teachers Union
- Masters Degree – Public Policy Analysis – University of Illinois, 1981
- Elected to the Board of Directors of the North Boundary Home Owners League
- Elected 50th Ward Committeeman
- Active with the Philip Rogers Local School Council (Chicago)
- Donated over 145 units of blood through LifeSource
George Milkowski has long been active in defending public education and teachers’ rights. A retired CPS teacher with 35 years’ experience and an active union member for 45 years, George resides in the 50th Ward.
George is running for one of three open six-year-term MWRD seats. A retired CPS teacher, he has earned endorsement from the Caucus of Rank and File Educators (CORE) of the Chicago Teachers Union. In a 2014 MWRD run, he won nearly 109,000 votes.
George has played key roles in building the Cook County and Chicago Green Party organizations. He is also proud of having donated a total 145 pints of blood through LifeSource.
As a taxpayer who has paid close attention to the actions of the MWRD over many years, George recognizes that the MWRD doesn’t concern itself as much as it should with how it spends its money. As an MWRD commissioner, he would work to make sure we get more bang for our taxpayer buck.