for a 6-year term (ballot #56)
- Former 15th Ward Committeeman
- Former U.S. Army Sergeant – 15 years’ service
- Former Sergeant – Chicago Housing Authority Police – Supervised Bike Unit
- Active in Community Policing
- B.I.T.E. unit supervisor in conjunction with Chicago Police Department
- Former supervisor of the Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC)
Michael Smith, Green Party candidate for Metropolitan Water Reclamation District commissioner, resides in Chicago’s 15th Ward and is very active in West Englewood and Auburn Gresham community affairs. Michael is a former Sergeant of Police with the Chicago Housing Authority and a 15-year military veteran.
Michael is running for one of three open six-year-term seats on the MWRD Board of Commissioners. He earned more than 110,000 votes when he ran previously for MWRD Board in 2014. He also ran as a Green for a Cook County Board seat in 2010.
Michael’s law enforcement experience is sorely needed on the Board of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District, whose internal police department has been rocked by scandal in recent years. (For background on this issue, see here, here, and here.)
For more about Michael or to reach out to him, please visit his Facebook page.